Saturday, June 13, 2009

New Hampshire/Vermont

God has blessed me with great opportunities to share His love and to enjoy Him through relationships and through His creation. I am done with my New Hampshire/Vermont stint of my trip and arrived on the Mass. north shore last night. In New Hampshire I reconnected with my old roommates from college the first weekend, and throughout the week ended up helping out at the school that Amy (my old volleyball coach) works at. I helped chaperon a 7th grade trip to Old Sturbridge Village, I taught gym class for 3rd grade and 5th grade one day. I thought I was better at dodge ball, but the 3rd graders definitely showed me up. The main reason I came to New Hampshire was to help with the high school trip to Boston, but I ended up helping with the vermont trip instead, which i loved because i got to spend more time working with Amy,

and we camped on a farm
and we ate good food
and went hiking
and had solo time where we could just be quite and listen out in the woods near a stream
and we got to dig a grave for a blind sheep
and we got to trim some trees
and go sailing on Lake Champlainand build relationships with high schoolers and demonstrate a life lived for Christ

anyway, i had an excellent time.

1 comment:

mbhendriksen said...

Fantastic.......thanks for keeping us posted. The pictures look like a great time! Love to you darlin!