Wednesday, January 13, 2010

The Dance of Time

With the prospective departure date of March 13, I am left with 8 weeks in these United States. And I realize I'm doing the dance of time. There are funds to be raised, there is homework to be done, there are people to see, games to be played, or should I say won...hugs to be given, shots to be had and research to be done, neices to play with and nephews to wrestle, good-byes to be said, have i left anything out? probably. so I'm trying to balance that all out, and it's not easy. Plus, there's the ever-increasing reality, that I am going to a third world country that is at least mostly stable for now, I will know about 8 people there to start, disease and violence are working overtime, and I will be around 2 long plane rides, one long bumpy van ride, 24 hrs worth of travel away from any of my family. And as crazy as it sounds, I love it. As much as I'm scared, as much as I'll miss my family and friends here in Michigan, I love being beckoned in to my Father's heart, to a place that is forsaken by so many to tell His love story. AND I CAN'T WAIT! Oh the beautiful things He will do.

No comments: