Friday, September 24, 2010

Bible Study at Dokolo Begins

I have for the last week been watching my team leader's children as he and his wife have been in kenya b/c of infection. Today i took a short break from babysitting to begin a bible study at the primary school called Dokolo in Kamuda. It will last at least 8 weeks as a trial run going through this program called Book of Hope. If it works well here we will train others to also go into other schools and do the same thing. They've given us 23 kids who we will meet with friday's from 2-4. they're giving us two hours during their regular school day. anyway. today the kids were pretty quiet and timid, but I can't wait to see how God works in their lives and they become free to share with us. Please pray for the students at Dokolo Primary School that we will be working with for the next several weeks. That the heart of God would really be portrayed by Berna and I as we share with these students. When Berna asked them today how many of them had eaten lunch, only one out of 23 kids raised their hand. I remember how much trouble i have focusing when i haven't eaten in two hours, none the less all day...
thanks for your prayers... a few photos from the day...


Learning the memory verse, Your word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path.


Drawing pictures of their families (i'll try to scan a few in once i get back to my house next week)


The school.

2 comments:

Meredith said...

Beck, thanks for sharing. It is awesome to see all the different ways God is using you there. I hope to someday be able to visit. I love you and miss you dearly.

mbhendriksen said...

Praying for you as you follow God's call for you to work with the kids at this school.