Thursday, January 23, 2014

Partakers

I was reading Luke 8 this morning, and after I finished the last sentence of the chapter, Holy Spirit was quietly whispering in my ear, "Beloved did you see that? Did you really see what you just read?" Then I thought back through each part of the chapter, what happened? There was a parable, Jesus redefines his family, and 4 different miracles happened. One demon possessed man restored, one storm silenced, one dead girl raised to life, and one lady healed of constant bleeding. Again Holy Spirit whispers, "This is your God, see His power. Over the spiritual realm, over nature, over death, over sickness." And this is all in one chapter. Now as I again look back through the chapter, I see just before this, at the very beginning of the chapter is the parable of the sower and seed. In this parable it is taught the importance of the Word of God in our lives, and then just after explaining the parable Jesus says, "My mother and brothers are those who hear God's word and put it into practice." Immediately after this statement follows the four different miracles, as if God is to say, "Hey, hello, uh, you see, if you listen to my Word and put it into practice, there's no limit to the power that you may experience in and through you." 
I guess I write this as an encouragement. That whatever you may be going through, cling to what God tells us in His word, cling to Jesus, and put it into practice in your life, let Jesus have His way in your heart and there's no telling how God is going to work in and through you. He has power over the physical and the spiritual and He has shared that power with those who believe in Him. We are partakers. So let's partake, and bring glory to His name and joy to our lives and the lives of those around us.

No comments: