Tuesday, May 20, 2014

a glimpse

I could write about this big move we have coming up, and how I'll miss my beloved Soroti, and my beloved team, and how I'm gonna trust God for this opportunity in Jinja, and thank Him for it. Or I could reflect on the past year of marriage to a Ugandan, and how I know that I know that marriage has brought out the worst in me so that it can be killed and the best can come forth. Or maybe I should talk about living with 6 young men (one of them being my husband) and how to feed the group for under $7 a day. Or I could share each of their stories, and how they ended up staying with us. Or maybe I should talk about the purity clubs we have started and the journey of finding dedicated teachers. Or the kids we are finding sponsors for. I'm sure their stories could fill pages.  There's mango season and then the harvesting of white ants. There's the motorcycle ride to the village clinic with a very feverish young girl, and the arguing for the right cut of pork at the right price. There's hanging banners in the market declaring the love of God for His children, or the constant search for sponsors for our kids. Like how we went to the same shop about 5 times looking for money promised for sponsorship, people dodging us, tossing us and finally there was the kicking of the dust off our feet as we moved on.  Then again there are powerful times of prayer in our house, people slain in the spirit, demons leaving, praises ringing and worship of the King of King pouring out of laughing freed lips. Chapati business and visiting street kids, hospital prayer times and grieving with those who have lost loved ones. What can I say about roasting rats? And there are chicks sleeping in our kitchen pantry every night. Fast moving storms and power outages. Oh and advising young girls on how to keep pure in the ever persistent pursuing of young men at school and on the streets. Then there's family issues and celebrations back in the states and being far away, and how sometimes the distance makes things easier, and sometimes harder. Each subject could be it's own post. Each story is worthy of it's own, but then again, I should talk about time, and how it is endless and yet it never seems to be enough. And if I had the time I would expand on each of these things, but this will have to suffice for now. Call it a picture, a glimpse in to my life right now. Let it be enough for now. For another fast storm may be coming and power may go out and...

No comments: