Saturday, April 18, 2009

inheritance

I was reading in Numbers 32 the other day about the time when the Isrealites were just getting ready to cross the Jordan and enter into the promised land, finally. Well the Reubenites and Gadites (two of the twelve tribes bound for the promised land) wanted to stay on this side of the Jordan because the land was good for their flocks, at first Moses was upset with them thinking they were wimping out. Finally he told them that they could have that land for their inheritance as long as they sent all their warring men over the Jordan and helped the other Isrealites claim their inheritance. The Ruebenites and Gadites promised, "We will not return to our homes until each of the people of Israel has gained his inheritance."v18. God asked me, would you be willing to do this? would you be willing to continue to fight for the Lord away from home until each of my children has gained their inheritance? It's a hard question. I already have my eternity secured, I've been given my inheritance from Christ, but will I do battle for the Lord so that others may recieve their inheritance as well? Will I stay comfortably in my home or in my promise of Heaven or will I go out and fight against the evil one, and love others to Jesus. I chose this way of love or discomfort, because though it is most likely more difficult, others will be able to recieve their glorious inheritance. Other's lives will be transformed by Christ and that makes every trial worth it. Because God will get the glory that He deserves.

No comments: