Thursday, February 25, 2010

LPT-2

Definitly need to write the early morning prayers or else get all the way out of bed...anyway, today was a good day of prayers. At the 1pm prayer it felt so good to just stop mid-day and refocus. I've realized that these prayers don't even have to be that long, even 5-10 minutes and I have been refreshed for more of the day remembering my purpose. During the 4pm prayer time I was just staring out the window meditating on God's creation and He reminded me that even though it's still winter already the buds are coming out. This encouraged me to think that I can be going through a hard season but He can still be doing a work during the hard, coldness of that winter season. I could almost hear Him saying, take heart beloved, see I am doing a new thing. And then later as I was walking outside and watching the stubborn oaks still holding on to their old leaves, He reminded me to let go of my pride. See how silly it looks for these trees to be holding on to these dead leaves, it's just as silly for you to be prideful. He wants me to let go of it and remember that it is because of His work in me that I bear any fruit. To God be the glory. Amen.

No comments: