Saturday, February 27, 2010

LPT- 3 & 4

This is hard, yesterday I completely forgot the 7pm and 8pm prayer times. oh but I wanted to talk about Thursday morning. I decided to listen for what to pray for America. So I just waited and this picture of a coffee shop came to mind and a girl was sitting there and then she asked everyone in the coffee shop was anyone with their one man? And one girl ashamedly held up 4 fingers (signifying she had been married to 4 guys) then everyone else looked at each other and all either had multiple lovers or were currently living with a boyfriend, not married. I asked God what this meant and this is how He responded. This is about American culture. He said see how this mars their view of me. They get the picture that it takes multiple lovers to be satisfied and they don't see how undividedly faithful I am to them, and how I alone can satisfy. So I was able to pray for american christians that they would see how passionately God pursues them, and that they would see how He alone satisfies. And I prayed for my future husband.

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

Beckie,
Thanks for sharing! That seems so true and I hope that the Body of Christ will work to be a living example of that love of Christ to help spur others on to seek that mysterious, unconditional love that is only found in the One True God. Every country is in need of prayer for sure!
PS I'm sending in a pledge for you :)