Monday, July 9, 2012

Perspective-again

This morning I was feeling stressed about all the people I still wanted to meet with in the little time that I have left in the states. Then all of the sudden God reminded me that, indeed that was pretty lame. He brought to mind what I had been reading in the news last night. A rebel group called M23 in DR Congo, has recently taken over a couple of towns. The head guy has a nick-name called Terminator. This group is known for abducting children and forcing them to be soldiers and also using sexual violence as a means of control. Therefore, here I am worried about having too many people that love me and want to see me, while at the same time there is most likely holed up in some one room house some mother with her children praying to God that the rebels won't find them and steal her children and rape her. Now who should really be stressed in this comparison??  Oh Lord, forgive me for my selfish poor seeing heart. Lord, I pray for the women and children in Congo, in these towns, let the light of your face shine upon them. Be their protector. Let them see the way you are gathering them and hiding them under your wings. Bring peace. Drive out the evil with Your light and Your goodness. Give hope. Let them feel Your presence among them.

Here are a couple of the articles to become more informed:
www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-18762918

http://www.monitor.co.ug/News/National/Who+are+the+M23+rebels+in+DR+Congo+/-/688334/1448808/-/vld8aiz/-/index.html