Thursday, October 23, 2014

A missionary's perspective of being a missionary

We are not on vacation. Though I love showing Ruudy off to all my friends and family, and showing him many beautiful parts of this great country. We're actually trying to do the part of the job that I love the least ...Fundraising... It's the job that's never done, and what makes a 9-5 job seem like a dream sometimes (though picturing myself at a desk from 9-5 makes me laugh)...And through many conversations with our Father, I am convinced that I should be considering it a privilege, a joy, and I just have to trust Him to provide.  Whether I am actually considering it a privilege yet, I'm not sure, but at least life is a journey, and my Father is gracious, and He keeps whispering into my heart the truths I need to hear.
I mean think about it! There are these Godly men and women deep in the villages who are hungering and thirsting for the unadulterated Word of God, and yet have little to no education, and little to no access to such opportunities as the one we offer at Kingdom Life Training Center. So why am I so bothered to try to help get money for such a great thing? I should feel honored to be able to speak out for the voiceless, and serve them in this way. And God knows each one of these guys, He sees each one of them and I'm sure His desire is that they come to know His Word more and more. He wants these guys to come to Kingdom Life Training Center and have access to great biblical teaching. So why do I doubt His ability or desire to provide for such a thing? It is not a surprise to Him that Ruudy and I would get married, change ministries and then have to be in the states at such a time as this. He does not wonder, "now where will I get this money to provide for these guys and this center?" As my friend Jennifer always quotes the psalmist, He owns the cattle on a thousand hills! So what is this post? Is it a rambling of thoughts, an encouragement to myself, or a plea to those who read? Or perhaps all three. Through my ramblings maybe I've encouraged myself enough to make a plea... If you are reading this, God may want to use you to help make Kingdom Life Training Center a blessing to many more church leaders in the villages of Uganda. Pray about it, I know there are so many other ministries that God uses to touch the hearts of His children, but some of you just might be called to walk alongside us in this journey, and have the privilege to partner with us in seeing these hungry church leaders fed the Word of God in a simple and beautiful way. And if that is the case, you can give to us by writing a check to Calvary Life Fellowship, and addressing it to:
Calvary Life Fellowship
Missions: UG - Ruudy & Beckie
PO 1161
Brea, CA 92822

If there's one thing I've learned while in Uganda, it's the power, significance, importance, and awesomeness of prayer. Maybe in my next post I can talk about that. But until then, please be praying for us, for each other, for me to consider fundraising for these guys as the privilege that it is. Not everyone can give, but everyone can pray. Let's move mountains together. The mountains of poverty, lack of education, witchcraft, selfishness, and greed don't stand a chance against the praying body of Christ! Together we can.

Oh yeah, and don't worry faithful Ruudy readers, he will be writing again next week. He has so many more great observations and insights. I'm sitting on the edge of my seat waiting to see what comes next.
Abiding in His Greater Grace,
Beckie

No comments: