Friday, March 5, 2010

LPT 8,9 & 10

Woops, a little behind. Oh well, so I know there are some things that I have been learning. I think the thing that stands out the most is that it's hard to stop 6 times a day and pray. I am usually praying when I'm supposed to, though not always, but I find myself always trying to pray while I'm doing something else. And i think in general, that's not bad to be in prayer while doing common duties, I think that is good. But when I don't consider the time set aside to pray as an important enough thing, to actually stop what I'm doing and just pray, that's when I run into trouble. I want to get better at really stopping what I'm doing and just pray, even if it's for five minutes. The stopping what I'm doing and declaring, this is important. Prayer is an important enough thing to me that I will stop what I'm doing to interceed on behalf of my brothers and sisters around the world. the other morning I was praying against the pet culture in america. I love dogs and cats and most pets really but as I was praying I could see how we use pets so we don't feel lonely, use them because they don't judge us, they are such unconditional lovers, well dogs are anyway...we use them and in the meantime forfeit the opportunity to grow close relationships with real people. People relationships are too dangerous, we have to be too vulnerable, so we cling to our pets instead, lavish all of our love on our pets when there's so many people in need of love. i think i have more thoughts on that, but i'm super tired. Jesus help us to not be afraid to love well those you put in our path, even if we know it will hurt us at times.

No comments: